St Alban and St Michael's Church is an imposing brick building, planned in 1925 but not built until 1932-33, designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in free Gothic style. The church is set within a pleasant garden with lawns, trees and shrubs. Archbishop Desmond Tutu was Curate at St Alban's in the 1960s.
The church hall to the south was built as the first church here in 1909 by Herbert Wills. Golders Green developed rapidly after the Northern Line was extended and the station opened here in 1907, with the line reaching Edgware in 1924; the North Circular Road and Hendon Way were constructed in the 1920s.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Golders Green (Northern)
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust