The Garden of Rest Marylebone is a small memorial garden adjacent to Marylebone Parish Church. The old church was closed in 1926, but not demolished until 1949, following WWII bomb damage. Its site is now that of the Garden of Rest, created in 1951, with the foundations of the church marked. The garden is predominantly paved with some planting and it contains a number of gravestones and memorials, including one to Charles Wesley erected in 1858 who had been buried here in 1788.
- Visitor Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe garden is open from 7am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Baker Street (Bakerloo, Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan, Jubilee), Bond Street (Central, Jubilee). Bus: 18, 27, 30, 205, 453; 2,13,30,74,82,113,139,189,247
- Conservation Area
- Reference: Harley Street
London Parks and Gardens Trust