Ffynone 1320

Pembrokeshire, Wales

Pgds 20090203 114621 Ffynone 1 Crop

Brief Description

The house was built in 1792 to designs by John Nash, and extensively remodelled from 1902 by Inigo Thomas. The walled garden was possibly built in 1795, and was certainly extant by 1830. The woodland walks and fountain garden were extant by 1889. There is also parkland, with lodges and a drive of the mid-19th century. The terraced gardens were designed by Inigo Thomas and constructed about 1904.

History

The house was built in 1792 to designs by John Nash, and extensively remodelled from 1902 by Inigo Thomas.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: Building work began in 1792, and was complete by 1800. The house is a classical Georgian construction, with later alterations.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Terrace
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Game Larder
  • Description: Octagonal game larder.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Drive
  • Description: There are three drives.
  • Canal
  • Description: Small canal.
  • Pond
  • Description: Circular pond.
  • Pool
  • Description: The lion tank, a small oval pool.
  • Latest Date:
  • Fountain
  • Description: The fountain garden.
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Gazebo
  • Description: There is a gazebo in the walled garden.
Stable Block, Ha-ha
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Manordeifi
Associated People

People associated to Ffynone

Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here
References

References