Festival Gardens are situated close to St Paul's Cathedral, offering excellent views of the building. The site features a wall fountain, sunken lawn and paved terrace, as well as a number of trees and bedding plants.
The Festival Gardens were laid out in 1951 by Sir Albert Richardson for the Corporation of London's contribution to the Festival of Britain. The layout, which followed the ground plan of pre-war buildings, consisted of a sunken lawn with a wall fountain, donated by the Worshipful Company of Gardeners, surrounded by a raised paved terrace with stone parapets and seating, planting in tubs and a number of trees including a lime hedge. The circular Festival Information Kiosk that was originally sited here was re-erected in nearby Carter Lane Garden in 1955.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: St Paul's (Central); Mansion House (District, Circle)
London Parks and Gardens Trust