Features of Faraday Gardens include a number of trees and a children's playground. The site is within Liverpool Grove conservation area.
Faraday Gardens opened in July 1905. The land was originally part of St Peter's Churchyard, which became a public garden in 1895. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners set aside this area for public recreation when they were developing the area. The gardens were named after the chemist and physicist Michael Faraday, who was born in Newington Butts in 1791 and lived in the area.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - sunset.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Elephant & Castle (Northern, Bakerloo) then bus. Bus: 12, 35, 40, 45, 68, 171, 176, 468.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust