A landscape park of the late 18th century. In the early 19th century the site was occupied by the horticulturist Thomas Andrew Knight, who bred numerous fruit tree cultivars here.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Four miles south-west of Ludlow via a minor road.
Elton Hall was rebuilt with a Gothick facade around 1760, retaining the core of the earlier half-timbered house.
The property was occupied from 1791 to 1808 by Thomas Andrew Knight, horticulturist, fruit tree breeder and co-founder of the (Royal) Horticultural Society. He added the walled kitchen garden and formed the collection of new fruit trees, especially cherries and apples, on the site now known as Knight's Orchard.
- Associated People
- Features & Designations
- Kitchen Garden
- Key Information