Dolaucothi 1101

Pumpsaint, Wales

Brief Description

Dolaucothi has early-19th century parkland, with the remnants of a possible lime avenue. The walled garden is partially intact, and there are a few specimen trees. The house was demolished in 1951. The National Trust owns the adjacent Roman goldmines. It is unclear whether the Trust also owns the park and gardens.

History

The house was already substantial in the 17th century, but was considerably re-modelled between 1792 and 1796.

Features
  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: A possible lime avenue.
  • Garden Wall
  • Description: There is a partially intact walled garden.
  • Specimen Tree
  • Description: There are a number of specimen trees.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Cynwyl Gaeo
Associated People
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • The National Trust

    Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2NA
References

References