Maesycrugiau Hall (also known as The Manor Hotel)2195

Carmarthenshire, Wales

Brief Description

The house at Maesycrugiau Hall was rebuilt in 1903-04 for Sir Courtenay Mansel to designs by J.C. Mitchell. The previous house had been destroyed by fire. There is a formal terrace, pond and garden area immediately south of house. There are ponds, an Edwardian summerhouse over 10 metres high, and woodland walks to the east.

History

The present house was completed in 1904, replacing an earlier structure gutted by fire. The gardens were also substantially re-designed at this time.

Features

Style

  • Formal
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Walk
  • Description: Woodland walks.
Drive, Pond, Steps, Terrace, Summerhouse
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Llanllwni
History

Period

  • Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here
References

References