Lythwood Park 5734

Bayston Hill, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Until 1346 Lythwood was a royal hay of about 800 acres. In that year it was granted to Shrewsbury abbey with licence to impark 240 acres, although it is uncertain whether a park was actually created. There are now no remains of this medieval landscape.

History

Lythwood Park was a royal hay until 1346, when it was granted to Shrewsbury abbey along with a licence to impark the land.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Bayston Hill
References

References