The park was laid out as a recreation ground, with a formal rose garden in the north part, which is still in place today with a central ornamental feature. The park opens out to a grassed area, with various trees including a grove of horse chestnuts.
Churchfield Gardens were formerly fields next to the old Ruislip parish church of St Martin's. The land was passed over to Ruislip and Northwood UDC by Harold George Dyke on 16 November 1927, the land transfer document dictating that it was to be preserved for use as a public open space in perpetuity.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Ruislip (Piccadilly, Metropolitan). Bus: 331, H13, E7, U1, U10
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust