In the churchyard are a couple of long wooden graveboards, one that of Olive White of Southill Farm Eastcote. Relatively rare now, wooden graveboards were once a common sight in Middlesex churchyards, generally used due to the expense of stone and granite. The churchyard has a number of railed chest tombs, a fine old yew and other trees, and two lych-gates.
A church is recorded here as early as 1190 and Ruislip is mentioned in Domesday Survey. The village, which centred around St Martin's Church and Manor Farm, remained undeveloped until the early-20th century, the railway reaching Ruislip in 1904.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Church open daily 8.30am-4pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Church open daily 8.30am-4pm.
DirectionsTube: Ruislip (Metropolitan, Piccadilly). Bus: 331, H13, U10.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust