Within the grounds are the old Coach house, 17th-century walled garden, 18th-century dovecote and a ha-ha. There are many fine mature trees and more recent garden features include a herb garden planted for Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee in 1977, orchard, rockery and wildflower meadow.
This is the gardens and small part of the former grounds of Eastcote House, the home of the Hawtrey family from 1532. Built on the site of an older house, Eastcote House stood close to the junction of Eastcote High Road and Field End. In the 1930s much of the estate was sold for development but the grounds were purchased by Ruislip-Norwood UDC in 1938 as public open space. The house was initially used for communal activities but demolished as unsafe in 1964.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Northwood Hills, Pinner (Metropolitan) then bus. Bus: 282, H13.