The churchyard of Christ Church Highbury is a triangular plot that forms the northern tip of Highbury Fields. The churchyard is laid to grass, with shrubs around the perimeter, and surrounded by reproduction railings dating from around 1980. Trees include notable robinia, horse chestnut and sycamore. Opposite the church is a fine cast iron and granite clock tower, erected in 1897.
Christ Church was built in 1848 by Thomas Allom of Balham, who was later surveyor of the Ladbroke Estate in North Kensington. The site along with £100 was donated by Henry Dawes, a descendent of John Dawes of Highbury Place and Canonbury.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/London Overground/Tube (Victoria): Highbury and Islington. London Overground: Canonbury. Bus: 4, 19, 236
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust