Cheswardine Hall is a large, brick house in the neo-Elizabethan style, surrounded by extensive shrubberies and a park of around 300 hectares. Both the park and the house date from around 1875.
There were a house and grounds at Cheswardine (then called The Hill) in 1783, when a scheme to re-order the grounds was designed but never implemented. The current Cheswardine Hall was rebuilt in 1875 and extensive grounds were laid out at the same time. The hall is currently a residential care home.
- Country House (featured building)
- Description: The hall is built of brick in the neo-Elizabethan style, with steep gables, mullioned and transomed windows, and a four-story porch tower with a Tuscan porch.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date: