A few mature oaks survive in the park as well as remnant of a hedgerow to the south that once marked the boundary to the Bishop of London's medieval Hornsey Park estate.
Lyttelton Playing Fields forms part of the Hampstead Garden Suburb, dating from the later phase of development from 1919. This was developed following the Co-Partners' acquisition of 200 acres of land to the north and east of the original suburb. The park is dominated by its open cricket field although in the north, along the Mutton Brook, is a small area of old woodland. This is shown on Rocque's map of 1754 and on 1864 Ordnance Survey maps is marked as Watery Wood.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: East Finchley (Northern). Bus 102, H2.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust