Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Bruntwood

Introduction

Bruntwood has a hall with grounds to the south of Wilmslow Road. Bruntwood Lane was to the east, an open field to the south, with a brook feeding two lakes to the western boundary of the site.

There was a path system and pleasure ground to the south of the house, and a productive garden to the north-east corner of the site.

Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts

Access contact details

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/co...

Owners

Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council

Town Hall, Edward Street, Stockport, SK1 3XE
History

Period

Victorian (1837-1901)

Features & Designations

Features

  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lake
  • Description: There was a brook feeding two lakes to the western boundary of the site.
Key Information

Type

Public Park

Purpose

Urban Park

Principal Building

Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces

Period

Victorian (1837-1901)

Survival

Extant

Hectares

15

Open to the public

Yes

Electoral Ward

Cheadle Hulme North

References

References

  • University of Manchester and University of York, {A Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Greater Manchester}, York, 1994

Contributors

  • Cheshire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit