This memorial garden is situated in the middle of the supermarket car park and is easily missed unless actively looked for. It is not an imposing site but remains very poignant. There was previously a churchyard on the site, where a number of servicemen were buried. Features include seats, shrubs and a plaque.
In 1836 the Brunswick Free United Methodist chapel was erected on North St, Bury. Burials at the site continued up to 1959 and Baptisms up to 1962. The Chapel closed in 1967 and was demolished in 1969.The site was later developed as a retail park. A condition was that the burial ground of World War 1 servicemen should be preserved and Tesco maintain the site.