Seedfields 6126

Bury, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Seedfields had a house and grounds bounded by Walmersley Road to the east, and open fields on all other sides. There was an entrance with a lodge from the Walmersley Road in the 1890s. The house was later divided into two and the grounds were sold off in plots. The site is now lost. The whole area has been built over by a housing estate.

History

The estate dated from the 17th century. The freehold was purchased by Richard Grundy in 1740. The house was remodelled by William Grundy in 1850.

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit