The site of the garden of the Brewers' Hall consists of a series of raised beds and seating in an area of pavement. The statue of 'The Gardener' by Karin Jonzen, 1971 was relocated here from Moorgate c.2005.
The Brewers' Company is one of the oldest livery companies in the City of London and one of the first Guilds to have its own Hall, which stood on the same site as the present one. By 1422 Brewers' Hall was regularly let out for use to other City Livery Companies, Guilds and other groups including the 'footballpleyers', one of the earliest known references to football. When the Hall was rebuilt in 1960, the site of the garden was taken over by the Corporation of London, since when it has been re-landscaped a number of times.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Moorgate (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan). Rail: Moorgate
London Parks and Gardens Trust