Features of Norbury Park include playing fields, multi-games courts and a children's playground.
The site for Norbury Park was purchased by Croydon Corporation in 1935 on land formerly North Surrey Golf Course, which dated back to 1920. Prior to this the land had been fields, once owned by Pembroke College. In the park is a relatively rare circular cattle trough, which was relocated here after the closure of the Croydon Cattle Market and was the gift of H Pratter Esq. MD in 1882. The market had operated from 1844, originally in the yard of the Greyhound Hotel, and then from 1848-1935 on a substantial site in Selsdon Road.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.