Barlaston Hall 282

Stoke on Trent, England, Staffordshire, Stafford

Brief Description

Barlaston Hall has an associated landscape park, with grassed lawns and flower beds.

History

Sir Robert Taylor built Barlaston Hall between 1756 and 1758. It was bought by the Wedgwood company in 1937. The hall was restored in the 1990s.

Detailed Description

Barlaston Hall has an associated landscape park. Features include grassed lawns with stone kerbed flower beds. Much of the original balustrading has gone and little planting survives. There are modern mixed borders on the south side.
Features
  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: The partial remains of a tree lined avenue between the hall and the Wedgwood factory.
  • Hall (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Lake, Garden Terrace
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Barlaston
History

Detailed History

Sir Robert Taylor built Barlaston Hall between 1756 and 1758. Josiah Wedgwood and Sons Limited purchased the estate in 1937 and built a model village for their employees. The hall underwent extensive restoration during the 1990s.
Associated People
Contact
References

References