The hall was modernised in the early-19th century and remained in this state until 1872, when Lady Forester extended and renovated the building. Sale papers from the mid-1960s show extensive formal gardens. By 1996 the hall remained empty and vandalised, until the estate was sold and the new owner restored what remained. The building opened on 14 February 1997, the bi-centenary of the Battle of St. Vincent.
This was the former home and birthplace of John Jervis, Admiral the Earl of St Vincent (1735-1823) First Lord of the Admiralty. In 1943 Meaford Hall was sold, and during World War 2 it was used by the U.S. Army and pupils from Alleynes Grammar School. In the mid-1960s the existing estate was sold to Percy Bilton Ltd., who used the hall for offices for about twenty-five years.
- Stone Rural
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust