A house of about 1730, demolished in 1956. It stood in an 18th-century landscape park on the bank of the River Wye. Features included a dovecote, a walled kitchen garden with glasshouses, an ice house and a cold bath. There was an elm avenue.
The house had stood since at least 1634, and was rebuilt in about 1730. It was demolished in 1956.
- English Landscape Garden
- Access & Directions
DirectionsOne mile north of King's Caple via a minor road. The site is on the east bank of the River Wye.
- Kings Caple
- 18th Century