Albert Park, Salford 6187

Salford, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Albert Park is a public park bounded by Great Clowes Street, Great Cheetham Street, Grecian Street and Vavasour Street. The land was originally flat, but was landscaped and given an undulating appearance with an ornamental lake. The park was laid out by Mr Henry Moore, the head gardener at Peel Park. By 1895 the park had two central lakes, both with islands arranged either side of an axial walk.

History

This was one of three parks built by Salford Corporation in the 1870s (the other two were Ordsall and Seedley, see separate entries).

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see: http://www.salford.gov.uk/leisure/parks/publicparks/albertpark.htm
Features
  • Lake
  • Description: By 1895 the park had two central lakes, both with islands arranged either side of an axial walk.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Walk
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see: http://www.salford.gov.uk/leisure/parks/publicparks/albertpark.htm
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit