Abbey Park, Alberbury 4365

Alberbury, Shropshire, England

Brief Description

In the 16th century, a strip of land on the bank of the Severn near White Abbey was known as Abbey Park. The park has now been lost.

History

In about 1226 a strip of woodland on the bank of the Severn and just west of White Abbey was granted to Alberbury Priory. In the 16th century the site was known as Abbey Park.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Montford
History

Period

  • 16th Century
References

References