Abbey Hey Park 4666

Abbey Hey, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

This park to the south of Higher Openshaw no longer exists.

History

The site was lost due to development after 1848.

Detailed Description

This roughly square-shaped park originally lay to the south of Acroyd Street, Higher Openshaw. It was surrounded by three railway lines - the Manchester Central, Sheffield Lincolnshire and Manchester and Sheffield lines. The site was approached by Abbey Hey Lane to the east.

The site included buildings to the east which were possibly domestic. To the west of the building there was an open area with a circular track. The nature of the park is not known.

References

References