Alderdale 6359

Tameside, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Alderdale had a house with grounds to the east of Edge Lane, bounded by streams and fields. The house was remodelled and extended during the 19th century. There was a lodge on Edge Lane. The house was surrounded by woods shown as separate large clumps in 1848, which were merged and extended towards the north-west by 1895. There was open parkland sloping down to the west and south. A shelter belt was thickest to the west and north. There was housing development spreading into the surrounding countryside by 1895. The site is now lost. The area is partly built over and partly in use as a playing field.

Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Droylsden West
References

References

Contributors

  • Cheshire Gardens Trust

    1