Thomas Bolitho, who was a merchant, moved from Wendron to Penzance in about 1769. His eldest grandson, Edward Bolitho, purchased Trewidden thus starting the creation of Trewidden House and Garden.
Edward Bolitho purchased Trewidden at auction in January 1850. Known as 'Trewidden Bal', and once the site of an ancient tine mine.
The garden is home to one of England’s best collections of Magnolias and Rhododendrons – as well as a collection of over 300 Camellias
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Telephone44 1736 364275
Access contact details
The Gardens are open from 11th February to the 24th September 2023.
The Tearoom & Gardens close at 5:30pm with last entry to the Gardens at 4:30pm.
By Car: Signposted from the A30 Lands End Road, two miles West of Penzance at Buryas Bridge. Sat Nav. TR19 6AU
By Bus: There is a regular bus service from Penzance to Buryas Bridge Garage (approx. 30 mins from Penzance bus station). We recommend using the travel line website to show the available bus times (put Buryas Bridge opp Garage as your destination). It is then approximately a 10-15 minute walk up the scenic Front Drive from the bus stop to the garden entrance.
- Features & Designations
- Key Information
Open to the public