This is a country park featuring grassland, mixed woodland and mature beech trees. A granite marker commemorates the gift of the site as a memorial after World War 1. There are Pennine views from the war memorial at the highest point of the park.
The site was gifted to the people of Royton by Norris Bradbury, a local councillor, in commemoration of the end of World War 1 (noted on the memorial as 1914-1919). On July 1st, 1971, the site was officially designated as a country park.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)