Styche Hall 6587

Market Drayton, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

By 1808 Styche Hall was set within a park which extended about 500 metres from the Hall in all directions. The park was gone by 1890, although Styche then retained extensive ornamental grounds both south and north of the Hall.

History

Styche Hall was rebuilt 1760-4 by Sir William Chambers for Major-General Robert Clive, and by 1808 it was set within a park. The park had gone by 1890, although ornamental grounds around the hall remained at that time.

Features
  • Country House (featured building)
  • Description: Styche Hall is set in a fine position against a hillside. It is in brick and whitewashed, with a seven bay front of 2.5 storeys.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Moreton Say
Associated People
References

References