Ightfield Park (also known as The Park, Ightfield, Ightfield Hall)6097

Ightfield, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Ightfield Hall, a moated site, was noted in the mid-16th century to lie within a well-wooded park. This park was mapped in 1611, and in 1752 'The Park' was apparently the name given to Ightfield Hall. Field names confirm the park extended north and north-west of the Hall to the stream bounding the parish. Its east side was presumably bounded by the Ightfield-Nantwich road. 'Churchwalk', a straight track or ride between the village and the Hall, was in place by 1846.

History

The park is known to have existed since at least the mid-16th century.

Access & Directions

Directions

No longer identifiable on the ground.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Ightfield
References

References