The park was landscaped largely for recreational use with a concrete and mosaic snake play sculpture constructed in 1981.
Stonebridge Gardens takes its name from a stone bridge over a tributary of the Hackney Brook nearby. In 1883 part of what is now the park was given to the Hackney Board of Works for public open space; this small area in the north has an obelisk, any inscription now obliterated. Although part of the park may be a remnant of Stonebridge Common, it was largely created following post-war house clearance.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Haggerston. Bus: 67, 149, 242, 243A