Staunton Park was a classical house of 1843 with a deer park established in the 1770s. Near the house are ornamental grounds including an avenue of Beech and a flower garden.
The deer park was established in the 1770s. The house was built in 1843 and demolished in the 1920s. It has been replaced by a modern house.
Visitor Facilitieshttp://www.stauntonpark.co.ukThe garden is regularly open to the public during the summer months as advertised on the website.
Gate Lodge, Tree Avenue, Ha-ha, Dovecote, Fishpond, Kitchen Garden, Rockery
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Detailshttp://www.stauntonpark.co.ukThe garden is regularly open to the public during the summer months as advertised on the website.
DirectionsThree miles south-east of Presteigne via the B4355 and a minor road.
- Staunton on Arrow
Staunton Park was established as a deer park in the 1770s, attached to a house probably of a similar date.
A new house was built on the site in 1843 to the design of John Gray, County Surveyor for Herefordshire.
The house was demolished in the 1920s.
A smaller house was later built on the same site.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
- Associated People