The Whittern was built in 1879 on the site of an earlier house. It overlooked a balustraded terrace and lawns planted with ornamental shrubs, with a kitchen garden to the north-east. The house was demolished in 1934 and replaced with the present house.
There was a house here in 1764. The 1879 house, for which the garden and park were created, was demolished in 1934 and replaced with a smaller house.
Terrace, Balustrade, Kitchen Garden
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTwo miles east of Kington via the A44 and a minor road.