Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Stackpole Court 3041

Short Description

There is a 19th century terrace wall, steps and many other features. These include the home farm, stable block, game larder and dairy.

  • Office (featured building)
  • Description: Stackpole Court was a fortified medieval house, altered and enlarged. Changes were made by Sir Jeffrey Wyattville in 1831-2. The house was demolished in 1961. The outbuildings now form the principal building. They are used by the National Trust for offices, garages and similar. The buildings are single storey, built of stone with slate roofs.
  • Ornamental Bridge
  • Description: Single arched, dressed stone bridge.
  • Ornamental Bridge
  • Description: The Hidden Bridge.
  • Boat House
  • Description: Single storey boat house.
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Description: There are three kitchen gardens, which were established to replace the former walled kitchen garden.
  • Ornamental Bridge
  • Description: The eight-arch bridge dates from the 1790s.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Game Larder, Dairy, Stable Block, Summerhouse, Icehouse, Fishpond, Grotto
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is an area of National Park open throughout the year.


The site is off the B4319 south of Pembroke, and is accessible by bicycle and public transport.

Civil Parish

  • Stackpole
Associated People


0844 800 1895

Official Website

Other websites


  • The National Trust

    Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2NA