Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

St Mary's Park (also known as Prestwich Clough)

Introduction

St Mary's Park is a public park bounded by Bury New Road to the east, St Ann's Road to the south and Church Lane to the north. The site includes a bandstand, pavilions and recreational facilities. The site remains extant, and is now part of a conservation area.

Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts

Access contact details

This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see: http://www.bury.gov.uk/LeisureAndCulture/ParksAndRecreation/UrbanParks/StMarysPark/default.htm

Owners

Bury Metropolitan Borough Council

Town Hall, Knowsley Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 0SW
History

Period

Early 20th Century (1901-1932)

Features & Designations

Features

  • Bandstand
  • Earliest Date:
  • Pavilion
  • Earliest Date:
Key Information

Type

Public Park

Purpose

Urban Park

Principal Building

Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces

Period

Early 20th Century (1901-1932)

Survival

Extant

Hectares

3

Open to the public

Yes

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit