The former churchyard opened as a public garden in 1953, when the brick pergolas were constructed; a number of tombstones remain. The garden has roses, floral displays, grass and mature trees.
The public gardens are on the former churchyard of St Mary Abbots, Kensington Parish Church. There has been a church here since Norman times. St Mary's Church was rebuilt in the early C18th and its churchyard extended in 1763, but the current church dates from 1868.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube High Street Kensington (District, Circle)
London Parks and Gardens Trust