Fine monuments in the church include that of Ann Sykes (d.1835) and her daughter Martha Venn (d.1840), which feature sculpted figures by Slevier of Faith and Charity. Closed for burial in 1855, the churchyard is now a garden surrounded by brick wall and has flowerbeds, lawn and trees.
St John's Church is a yellow-brick Commissioners Church built in 1826-28 as the parish church for Upper Holloway and designed by Charles Barry.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsLondon Overground: Upper Holloway. Tube: Archway (Northern) then bus. Bus: 17, 43. 271
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust