St Benet and All Saints Church has a small raised area of garden fronting Ospringe Road with a notice board stating this is church land open for the public.
A mission church of 1881 predated the church of St Benet and All Saints here, built on a small field by a pond donated by St John's College Cambridge. A larger church was soon needed, which was consecrated in October 1885. It had taken only 4 months to be built, a contributing factor to later structural problems, and had no chancel. The chancel with vestries and south chapel was built in 1908 and, having become a dangerous structure, the original nave pulled down in 1927 and the current church built.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is partially open to the public. There is unrestricted access to garden on Ospringe Street.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is partially open to the public. There is unrestricted access to garden on Ospringe Street.
DirectionsTube: Tufnell Park, Kentish Town (Northern). Rail: Kentish Town. Bus: C2, 214, 134, 10
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of London, leased to LB Camden
London Parks and Gardens Trust