The small churchyard is surrounded by brick walls on three sides, its east wall once forming a boundary with the kitchen garden of North Cray Place. At the west end of the churchyard are handsome early-18th-century gates.
St James' Church dates from at least the 12th century, and was once the private chapel for North Cray Place, a number of whose owners were buried here. The church was substantially rebuilt in 1852 and enlarged in 1870.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Albany Park, Bexley, Sidcup then bus. Bus: 492.
Church of England (Archdeaconry of Bromley and Bexley)
London Parks and Gardens Trust