The park is adjacent to New Eltham Library, behind which is a former Civil Defence Centre used in World War 2. The south frontage of the park has a planted shrubbery with grass and trees, with railings to the road, behind which the land is open grassland with a playground and sports pavilion. The football pitch to the north-west was used as a cricket field in the late-19th century and until around 2003 was in the ownership of LB Bromley.
Southwood Park is a small recreation ground provided by Woolwich Borough Council after World War 2 when it was making a concerted effort to acquire sites for public open space. New Eltham had developed after the station opened in 1878.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: New Eltham. Bus: B13, 160, 162, 314.