Sharples Hall 6082

Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

The site has a hall with grounds to the south of the Blackbum Road. Eagley Bank lies to the north of the site, and there are open fields on all other boundaries. The site survives in part. The building may remain with some land adjacent to Sharples High School.

History

The old hall was extant in 1749 and possibly shown on the 1850 map, with small gardens and an orchard to the south. By 1895 the buildings on the site had been developed and extended and the main building appears to be Sharples Hall Farmhouse, to the northern boundary of the site. The date stone of the house is inscribed '1843 A.B.C. Archt.'

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: By 1895 the buildings on the site had been developed and extended and the main building appears to be Sharples Hall Farmhouse, to the northern boundary of the site. The date stone of the house is inscribed `1843 A.B.C. Archt.?
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit