This site consists of a cricket ground, cenotaph and landscaped embankment. The cenotaph is a memorial to the dead of World War 1, and consists of a plinth topped by a pyramid. The plinth has carved images relating both to the military and to cricket. The landscaped embankment extension holds a cross commemorating the dead of World War 2.
The opening ceremony took place on 29th April, 1922. The site was extended in 1948, the new area being dedicated to the dead of World War 2 in 1951.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)