A 2 hectare garden was laid out in the early-19th century with 8 hectares of landscaped parkland along with extensive woodland. There is an important pinetum planted by William Lobb in the late-19th century in one of the 3 walled gardens.
- Visitor Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open to the public once a year for charity. Pre-booked tours can be arranged between April and October.
The early Scorrier House and gardens were built and planted in 1778 by John Williams. After a fire, the house was rebuilt by his son George in 1862, who also improved the grounds. The plant hunter William Lobb planted much of the Pinetum with noteable rarities between 1866 and 1892.
- Victorian (1837-1901)