The Mosley family sold the hall in the mid-1920s and it was largely demolished in 1928. All that remains now (2009) are the Ballroom (a two storey house known as the Paddock) and a single storey wing dating from the 1870s known as the Old Hall. The gardens were sufficiently interesting to feature in at least four 19th-century horticultural journals. The site is now covered in housing.
Rolleston Hall was built on the site of an earlier Tudor house which was the home of the Rolleston family. Around 1615 it was bought by Sir Edward Mosley. In the late-18th century the hall was extensively altered and modernised by Thomas Gardner of Uttoxeter. The hall was severely damaged by fire in 1871 and rebuilt over the next two years.
- Rolleston on Dove
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust