Ash Hall, Etwall 5443

Derby, England, Derbyshire, South Derbyshire

Brief Description

The driveway at Ash Hall is lined by Redwood trees.

History

Ash Hall was completed in 1869 and became home to the Buckston family of Sutton.Following a period as a boarding school for boys, 1920 to 1939, the Hall was used as a World War II Red Cross auxiliary hospital. The Army then sold the hall in 1950 to Derbyshire Education Committee. In 1996 the Ash Hall and grounds were purchased by Tara Buddhist Centre.