Riverside War Memorial Gardens, situated alongside the River Wharfe, have a roughly-hewn memorial stone, which bears an inscription on the attached plaque. At the entrance are stone gate piers, one with '1939' at the top, the other with '1945', holding simple metal gates between.
The gardens were opened in 1953. Lieutenant General Sir Philip M Balfour unveiled the memorial. The site commemorates those who gave their lives in World War 2.