The garden is in a sheltered site bounded by sandstone walls and a holly hedge. Features include a lodge and a rustic gateway leading to rockery area planted with ferns.
There is no record of the site on the Ordnance Survey map of 1854. By the time of the 1909 map, the gardens are shown around the house. Other features of that date include a well, possible glasshouses, driveways and a pond.
- Tree Feature
- Description: There is a mature wood, mostly deciduous (including ash, oak, beech and sycamore). There are also some conifers and Scots Pine. A few fruit trees are sited on periphery.
- Description: There is a cottage or vegetable garden to the south-west. This may be new.
- Description: There is a huge boulder bank crammed with ferns and bracken.
- Description: Rustic gateway.
- Description: Sandstone wall
- Description: Holly hedge
- Nesfield with
Nidderdale AONB Historic Parks and Gardens project