Pollards Hill occupies the highest point in Norbury with good views of the surrounding area. The park has a Victorian drinking fountain in recognition of the gift of the site by Sir Frederick Edridge.
The site was formerly part of the Great North Wood and the name Pollard probably refers to the management of the woodland. It was retained as open space after the surrounding land was developed in the late-19th century, although roads lined with avenues of trees were evidently laid out by the 1860s. In 1913 the then owner and former Mayor of Croydon, Sir Frederick Edridge, gave the site to Croydon Corporation to be used as public open space.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Norbury then bus. Bus: 60, 109, 255
- Early 20th Century