The park was extended in 1981 when the Bricklayers' Arms goods station was closed, and a nature reserve accessible from Paterson Park was created the other side of the old railway bridge. In 2007 improvements were undertaken in the park, and new facilities included a children's play area, allotments and a multi-use games area.
Paterson Park was created on a bomb site that had formerly been railway sidings, and was opened by Prime Minister Clement Attlee in 1953. It was named in memory of the prominent prison reformer, Sir Alexander Henry Paterson.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Bermondsey (Jubilee) then bus. Bus: 381, P13.